TIN, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of International Paper Company is selling Scrappin' Valley hunting lodge, formerly owned by Temple Inland. Come experience the serene, natural beauty of East Texas at the Scrappin’ Valley Wildlife and Research Area. Situated on approximately 11,213 +/- contiguous acres of woodlands, Scrappin’ Valley preserves the rustic feeling that is true to the region, yet is refined with many of today’s modern amenities, such as a conference center and lodge. Guests can relax in the main lobby of the lodge and enjoy picturesque views overlooking the lake and forest, or retreat to one of the 19 double occupancy rooms, each featuring a private bath. Scrappin’ Valley is also a working forest providing fiber for wood and paper products, while serving as a sanctuary for native Texas wildlife. Outdoor activities include trap and sporting clay ranges, rifle and pistol ranges, fishing and hunting.
Near Jasper, Texas - SOLD by AuctionSOLD
Outdoor activities abound at Scrappin’ Valley, including trap and sporting clay ranges, as well as rifle and pistol ranges. Hunting and fishing enthusiasts will appreciate all that Scrappin’ Valley has to offer. With all of the approximately 11,213 +/- acres within high game fence, it is home to one of the best managed whitetail deer herds in the state. Quail and wild turkey hunts are also popular in season, while feral hogs may be hunted year round. There are two fully-stocked, six-acre lakes on-site and nearby access to both the Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn reservoirs.
For conservation groups, recreation meets responsible forest management standards. At Scrappin’ Valley, recreation and responsible forest management coexist. Scrappin’ Valley is a working forest providing fiber for wood and paper products, while also serving as a sanctuary for endangered species and a thriving habitat for native Texas wildlife.
The lodge features a limestone fireplace, walls of loblolly pine, and floors of reclaimed sinker logs from the Sabine and Neches Rivers. Guests can relax in the main lobby and enjoy the picturesque views overlooking one of the lakes and forest, or retreat to one of the 19 double occupancy rooms, each featuring a private bath.
The conference center is equipped with the latest audiovisual technology for your convenience. Our facility offers flexible seating plans that can be customized to fit your needs. Options include theatre and classroom style seating and can accommodate between 30-40 people.
The video below is a more in depth 12 minute video summary of Scrappin' Valley. The video outlines the history, forestry, habitat management and lodge operations.
• Located 2.5 hours northeast of Houston
• Near Jasper, Texas
• Newton County
• Private sealed bid auction
• Bids due by July 31st, 2013 at 4:00 pm CST
• Offered in three parcels or its entirety
• Subject to qualified bidders and seller confirmation
Service & Amenities
• Private hunting opportunities include: white-tailed deer,
hogs, wild propagated quail, chukar, eastern turkey, wild
small game and predators
• Rifle/pistol range
• 5-station trap range
• 7-station (50 shot) sporting clays
• 2 fully stocked, six-acre bass fishing lakes
• 5,000 acre Red-Cockaded Woodpecker (RCW) habitat
• Corporate Event Facilities & Meeting Space Conference
Center with audio-visual capabilities
• Pull-down screen, projectors, computers, wireless
internet access, television, DVD player, flipcharts, easels
and markers, copy machine and fax machine
• Seating options can accommodate 40 people theatre-style
layout, or 30-40 people in classroom-style layout
Recreation & Activities
• Game room that includes shuffleboard and poker table
• Fire pit, horse shoe pit, washer pit
• Regulation tennis court
• Satellite television
• Fishing on Toledo Bend/Sam Rayburn lakes
• Wildlife/nature tours
• Golfing at nearby resorts, including Rayburn County
• Approximately 11,213 +/- acres under fence
• Sleeps up to 38 guests
• 19 double occupancy rooms with private baths
Dining & Lounges
• Dining area available for up to 48 guests
• Full bar
Listing Office: United Country AltaTerra Realty & Auction LLC, 129 Gilmer St, Sulphur Springs TX 75482
Phone: (903) 438-2585 Auctioneer: Matt Armstrong TX Lic. No. 17082.
No representations or warranties are being made by any party with regard to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this website.