The ZZO Ranch is a 164 +/- acre piece of Colorado paradise that lies 4 miles north of the quaint town of Guffey, Colorado. The property is located off State Highway 9 for excellent year-round access, and is offered for the first time in 20 years. 3/8 of a mile of Currant Creek runs through this mountain property situated at approximately 8,500 feet in altitude. Brimming with scenic beauty, the property has heavy timber, meadows, beaver ponds, rock outcroppings and expansive views. The varied terrain and vegetation have something for everyone! The property is close to 39 Mile Mountain, in game management unit 58, one of the premier elk hunting areas in the state. Within an easy two-hour drive from the ranch, you can reach the recreation-oriented areas of Breckenridge, Monarch and Copper Mountain, each provide endless summer and winter opportunities.
ZZO Ranch is close to 39 Mile Mountain, one of the premier elk hunting areas in the state, along with 1.5 hours from four major ski areas.
Broker(s): Kem Winternitz
ZZO Ranch is at the heart of the old historic Berthrong Ranch, which was originally 6000 +/- acres. The old stage road from Canon City to Breckenridge runs through the property, a reminder of mining days long past when the freight wagons and stagecoaches made the journey in and out of the mountains.
The 1,628-square foot rustic cabin runs off a gasoline generator. Handcrafted custom woodwork and trim throughout. The cabin has 2+ bedrooms, 2 baths, on demand hot water heat, woodburning stove and propane heat. Other improvements include a 50 X 40 steel building with overhead door, concrete floor and woodburning stove. Tractor and other equipment stay.
• Mueller State Park – 5,000+ Acres
• Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument – 7,000+ Acres
• Pike National Forest – 1,100,000+ Acres
• Eleven Mile Reservoir – Boat access, fishing and ice fishing
• South Platte “Dream Stream” – Premier gold medal catch and release
• Spinney Mountain Reservoir – Boat access and gold medal fishing (closed during the winter)
• Antero Reservoir – Boat access and fishing
• South Platte and Arkansas Rivers
• Cripple Creek – historic mining town with limited stakes gambling
• Breckenridge, Monarch, Cooper & Summit County ski areas located within a 2-hour drive