About Ron Van Pelt
With a proud family heritage that spans four generations of Colorado ranchers, Ron continues the legacy adding over 45 years of personal success to the family history. A consummate cowboy and proponent of the western ranching lifestyle, Ron offers an authentic knowledge of livestock and land that ensures the client full access to invaluable expertise relative to their needs, regardless of the size and scale of their prospective operation.
Included in Ron’s many ranching accomplishments is the breeding of quality Quarter Horses. Ron bred and raised the colt that became the AQHA national highpoint youth reining horse. Drawing on his 30 years as a winning competitor on the professional rodeo circuit, he also trains horses for roping and ranch work. He has proudly bred and trained horses that have qualified for and shown at the AQHA World Show and PRCA Rodeos.
Along with his continued and varied ranching successes, Ron served the needs of animal nutrition in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana, and New Mexico through a wholesale distributorship that he owned and operated. Ron is currently active in the ranching community and operates a 16,000-acre cattle operation.
Education / Professional Experience / Memberships
- University of Southern Colorado
- Hardin Simmons University
- Licensed Real Estate Appraiser (2003-2006)
- Cattle Foreman for large cattle feeding operation
- Building material sales
- Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association, Gold Member
- American Quarter Horse Association
- Colorado Cattlemen’s Association
- World Series Team Roping and the United States Team Roping Association
- Team member of National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association (NIRA) Regional Champions
- NIRA Finals winner
- First in the World in Steer Wrestling
- Douglas County Citizenship Award