Since 1959, John Stratman has lived and worked on ranches in Colorado, Montana and Arizona and has owned and operated a ranch in eastern Colorado raising registered Red Angus seedstock and Quarter Horses. Professionally, John spent 18 years with MetLife’s Agricultural Investment Department, where he held various positions from Field Representative to Regional Manager. In addition to making agriculture real estate loans, investment activities included purchasing, managing and marketing large agriculture properties in several western states. During his corporate career, John lived in various Western states where he became familiar with the agriculture and property. Working as a professional real estate broker since 2001, John has bought and sold farms and ranches in many western states and maintains an extensive contact list with real estate related professionals and landowners across the west’s vast and varied landscape. At Mason & Morse Ranch Company, John has been a top producer. John specializes in large farm and ranch properties in the central and western U.S., which is allowed by his in-depth knowledge of the laws and issues facing farmers and ranchers.
Education and Professional Experience
- Professional experience of 30 years in agriculture real estate lending, sales and management
- Hands on experience in owning and operating ranch property
- Experience in owning and operation a registered seedstock cattle operation
- B.S. Degree in Agriculture Business from Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana
- Past or Present Member in Realtor's Land Institute (RLI), Red Angus Association of America and American Quarter Horse Association, Colorado Cattlemen’s Association
- Past President of the Red Angus Association of Colorado